English Bible Camps, Central Europe: This summer, English Bible Camps will take place throughout the Central European portion of the Eurasia Region (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary). Short-term teams from LCMS congregations will join Area Facilitator David Fiala and Central European Globally Engaged in Outreach (GEO) Missionaries in running these English-language VBS style camps in cooperation with local Lutheran congregations. English learning is in high demand, so many people send their children to the camp and many children and adults who may not otherwise hear the Gospel learn about Jesus and His death and resurrection for them through these camps. Camps in June include:
- Győr, Hungary, June 23-27 for 9th-12th graders. Run by a team from Concordia University, Irvine. GEO Missionary Melissa Karges will assist.
- Győr, Hungary, June 30-July 4 for 5th-8th graders. Run by a team from Concordia University, Irvine. GEO Missionary Melissa Karges will assist.
- Písek, Frýdek-Místek, Czech Republic, June 29-July 4 for ages 14-19. GEO Missionary Benjamin Helge will assist.
- Szarvas, Hungary, June 16-20, led by a team from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Des Peres, MO. 60 children are currently signed up!
Sunday, June 8, 2014 Confirmation Sunday: On Sunday, June 8th, the Confirmation students of Trinity Lutheran Church, Frankfurt, Germany will be confirmed. Rev. Robert Flohrs will confirm the youth members of Trinity, the international English-speaking Lutheran church in Frankfurt.
- Pray for the confirmands to be strengthened in the faith they confessed at their Baptisms.
- Give thanks to God for these youth who will be confirmed