Saturday, April 5 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Easter Egg Decorating at Trinity Lutheran Church, Frankfurt:
On this day, the members of Trinity Lutheran Church, Frankfurt will present an egg decorating workshop. The detailed, intricate Ukrainian Easter eggs, that they will learn to create, make wonderful gifts or pretty Easter decorations. The workshop is geared for adults and teens, but children (10 and up) can attend with parental assistance. This wonderful event combines cultural learning, crafting, and time for Life Together.
- Pray that those involved would be strengthened and encouraged in their faith and their relationships with one another.
- To learn more about Trinity, you can read the Missionary Profile of Rev. Robert Flohrs, Pastor of Trinity.
April 6-11 Representatives of Concordia University Wisconsin and Missionary David Fiala Travel: Missionary David Fiala, Project Coordinator for Central Europe, will accompany representatives from Concordia University Wisconsin as they visit Lutheran schools in Slovakia and Hungary. The goal of these visits is to create relationships and contacts in order to potentially expand Concordia’s overseas placement to include placing student teachers in Central Europe. This would be of benefit to the University, the local students, the local schools, the student teachers, missionary recruiters and the Lutheran church bodies in Slovakia and Hungary with which the LCMS works.
- Please add this event to the Prayers of the Church on Sunday, April 6th.
- Pray for safe travels for all involved and fruitful discussions.
- To learn more about David Fiala, read his Missionary Profile.
Saturday, April 12, 3:30 – 5:30 PM – “Good Friday” – Coffee, Cookies and Color Slides: Trinity Lutheran Church in Frankfurt, Germany will present this opportunity to reflect on Jesus’ suffering and death through art. The event will include coffee, cookies, and discussion. Phil Schmidt, Deacon of Christian Life, will be showing color slides of pieces of art that help us to understand the meaning of Jesus’ suffering and death. This event will be a wonderful way for the congregation to deepen their Lenten reflections, as well as share with others from outside the faith who may be interested in learning more about the art presented.
- Please add this event to the Prayers of the Church for Sunday, April 6.
- Pray that this reflection on sacred art would lead to repentance and faith for both believers and non-believers.
Easter Sunday, April 20, Special Events at Trinity Lutheran Church, Frankfurt: On Easter Sunday, the members of Trinity Lutheran Church, Frankfurt will both celebrate their Life Together and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others through some special activities. At 9:30 AM, the congregation will have breakfast together. At 10:40 AM, the congregation will participate in a balloon release. This is a way both to celebrate and to proclaim. Each balloon has a card attached to it with the message “He is risen!” and the address of the church. In previous years, a card was returned from 200km away!
- Please add this event to the Prayers of the Church for Sunday, April 13, 2014.
- Pray that the people who see the balloons and cards would now that Christ died and was raised for them!
Sunday, April 27, Second “Letter of Christ” Seminar at St. Trinitatisgemeinde, Leipzig, Germany: The second seminar of the “Letter of Christ” theme for St. Trinitatisgemeinde will take place after the Divine Service on Sunday, April 27. The theme for the second seminar is “God is Author.” Renowned retired German Lutheran Hour speaker, Rev. Dr. Horst Neumann will give the seminar. The year’s theme, taken from 2 Cor. 3:3 is being used to encourage the congregation as it transitions to leasing the unused State Church property, Lukaskirche.
- Pray for the members of St. Trinitatisgemeinde as they prepare to transition to Lukaskirche in order to proclaim the Gospel throughout Leipzig.
- You can read about the first seminar here.
- Read this devotion based on the verse 2 Cor. 3:3.
- Please add this event to the Prayers of the Church for Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Tags: Christopher Ahlman, Concordia University Wisconsin, David Fiala, Easter, egg decorating, Eurasia, Frankfurt, Good Friday, Hungary, leipzig, letter of Christ, Robert Flohrs, seminar, Slovakia, travel, Trinity Lutheran Church, Ukranian traditions, Upcoming events