Commissioning and Installation of Ashley Prothro: On Sunday, December 1, Ashley Prothro will be commissioned and installed as a Deaconess serving the Eurasia Region. Ashley will be serving as a Globally Engaged in Outreach (GEO) missionary serving Westfield House and Resurrection Lutheran Church in Cambridge, England. Westfield House is the House of Theological Studies of our partner church body, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of England (ELCE). Ashley is a graduate of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. Stay tuned for coverage of the event and more information about Ashley on the Eurasia Blog!
- Please pray for Ashley as she begins her new role.
- Learn more about Westfield House’s other Deaconess, Principal Cyndy Lumley.
Ostinato to Perform at Historic Lukaskirche: On Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 19:00 (7:00 PM), the choir of the Eastern District of Germany’s Selbstandige Evangelische Lutherische Kirche (SELK) will perform a concert at Lukaskirche in Volkmarsdorf, Leipzig. Ostinato is well-known in this area of Germany and throughout the SELK. They also performed at Lukaskirche earlier this Fall for Sprengelsängerfest. Ostinato performs complex works by Bach, Mendelssohn, and many other classical composers, as well as more recent compositions. For this concert, they will perform Dettinger Te Deum by Georg Friedrich Handel. The concert is an important step in becoming more visible throughout greater Leipzig so that the SELK congregation, St. Trinitatisgemeinde, can proclaim the Gospel to more people. We will cover this event on the Eurasia Blog, hopefully with video, so be sure to check back!
- Please pray for the members of Ostinato as they prepare and travel for the concert.
- Pray that the concert would clearly proclaim the Gospel through music to many people!
- Pray for the SELK negotiations with the State Church to lease Lukaskirche.
Commissioning and Installation of Elizabeth Ahlman: On Sunday, December 8, 2013, Elizabeth Ahlman will be commissioned and installed as a Deaconess serving the Eurasia Region. Elizabeth will serve as Communication Specialist based out of Leipzig, Germany. In this role, she will work with the Eurasia Blog, newsletters, covering events, and other duties as assigned. Elizabeth has been working with the blog on a contract basis since July 2013. She is a Career Missionary, but on a part-time basis. Elizabeth will be commissioned and installed by the Rev. Tony R. Booker, Interim Regional Director for Eurasia. The service will be held at St. Trinitatisgemeinde and will take place in both English and German.
- Pray for Elizabeth as she begins her new role and is commissioned as a Deaconess.
- Pray for safe travels for those traveling to attend the service.
- Learn more about Elizabeth’s family and her husband’s role as a Strategic Mission Developer and Area Music Program Coordinator.